This commitment involves;
- maintaining an economically sustainable and responsible business,
- open and inclusive engagement,
- contributing to the regional economy,
- building community capacity,
- contributing to environmental sustainability, and
- exercising our right to explore for and extract minerals on our licences.
Our community engagement policy is based on understanding and respecting the communities in which we operate. In achieving our policy commitment we;
- recognise and respect that landholders (those with an interest in the land) have the right to derive benefit from the land as a farmer, community member or traditional owner,
- understand and work to resolve issues arising as a consequence of overlapping rights and responsibilities with regard to ownership and use of the land, and
- work closely with all landholders and the broader community to maximise the benefits of the minerals that exist beneath the surface of the land.
Rex will be guided by the principle that all exploration and potential mining activities will only be undertaken after consultation with the local community and the State Government and on the basis that it is the best net beneficial use of the land.
Rex complies with statutory requirements and accepted industry standards and has developed standards and procedures to fulfil its Community Engagement Policy commitments.
Standards and procedures undertaken by Rex representatives include those which guide our engagement with landholders, support and build community capacity and contribute to sustained regional benefit. Rex adopts these standards and procedures to ensure we engage with and support the communities in which we operate. Our Environmental and Sustainability Policy complements our Community Engagement Policy.
Rex Environmental Policy
Rex regards environmental care as an integral part of its business and is committed to excellence in the management of environmental matters. Rex values the environment and strives to minimise environmental impacts associated with its activities at every stage of the exploration and mining process; from planning through exploration, development, mining, production and mine closure. We acknowledge Rex’s reputation and performance in environmental matters is important to its ongoing success. Our environmental policy also endeavours to deliver benefit to all stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, nearby residents, landowners including traditional owners, the broader community, as well as to the environment in which we operate. Rex’s commitment to high environmental standards is achieved by ensuring:
- Environmental considerations are integrated into all aspects of our planning, operational decisions and processes;
- Continuous improvement in environmental performance is achieved and measured;
- Consultation with the community, regulators and other stakeholders is achieved through open communication and regarding issues of environmental importance;
- Comprehensive systems of control and accountability are in place through the development and implementation of an Environmental Management Plan; and
- Compliance with legal requirements is a minimum standard in achieving our policy objectives.
Achieving our environmental policy resides with all employees sharing responsibility for its implementation.